Friday, February 27, 2009

CHEST PAINS

As my day dawned, I chose to be not so diligent in my quiet time with the Lord. Instead of reading His word and having my prayer time, I was instead busy being a Martha. The story of Mary and Martha in Luke 10 tells how Mary sat at Jesus’ feet and listened to His teaching. But Martha was busy in the kitchen being grumpy! Guilty! I hurried around my home doing busy stuff. Yet in that harried state, I still left laundry undone and dishes to wash.
Was it worth what I have given up in this day? My soul is down cast, my heart is heavy, and things are irritating. If I had only sat at His feet this morning, my burdens I could have laid down.
Isaiah 26:3 tells me “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You.” I didn’t have enough faith to know that all the laundry would done in due time. I didn’t leave my cares in His hands. If only I could leave my sinful ways behind, days like today would not be so frequent.
Father, forgive me for being to busy to sit at your feet. Life is so much easier when I let you be in control. Thank you for loving me even in my selfish ways. My grief is great Father, so I will take the time to come to you in repentance, and then give my day to you to direct.
“My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to your word.” Psalm 119:28
For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength.” Isaiah 30:15

No comments: