Saturday, February 21, 2009

MISSION IDEA

For those of you that follow my blog, I ask if you would be kind enough to give me some input on this. Recently I purchased a massage table. I am not licensed but I have always wanted to do massage therapy. Any way, for the moment ,I am only doing massages for my girls that I spend time with and of course the family!
I have had conversations lately with several ladies that are hurting not only physically but also emotionally,spiritually. When I mentioned the massage table they would respond with oh wow I wish that I could afford to have one sometime, or something along that line. Now my heart is saying that I need to do something for these ladies also.
As a ministry , I would like to offer free thirty minute massages to those that I know are in need of relief from their physical pain and their spiritual pain.I have also priced the Gospel Primer booklets and would like to use those as a way of talking to them about salvation. Is this a doable thing or am I way off on this one?

3 comments:

Zoanna said...

You are right on. I would fly to KS for 30 free minutes of massage and tell you all my troubles. Seriously, I think it's a very generous notion and much needed. I believe that ministering phyically first is too often overlooked in the hurry to "evangelize," but how often did Jesus do it first?

Terri said...

Thanks Zoanna for giving me hope on this one. I really want this to work. Have a great week.

Zoanna said...

You would want to be sure, that, if you do work on "strangers," have them sign a waiver stating that they understand you are unlicensed. With my husband in the insurance industry, he says anything done on your property that results in the harm of others (intentional or not) you are liable for. I don't want to rain on your parade, but keep in mind that we don't live in a trusting society. If someone claimed you gave them a neckache, they could sue. So be sure to check out the liabilities first. I know your heart is to serve and to relieve pain; I only want to keep you from a lawsuit in this crazy world!