Sunday, February 1, 2009

ALL HIS PARTS ARE IN OUR HEARTS

Last night I was having a conversation with my six-year-old grandson. We were planning our Saturday together. I have tried to teach each of my grandchildren to respect and enjoy the sunrises and sunsets. A few times we have driven to a place that we can watch it with out any disruptions. Our music is playing and the moment is awesome.
Aidan expressed that we must start our day by watching another sunrise and we should listen to our Jesus music, then we could go for a walk in the woods and look for wildlife. This was sounding pretty good so far. As our conversation continued he finally asked “Where does God live any way, is he in the sky?”
I answered him by explaining that Jesus lives inside of each of us. That he lives in our hearts. He sat quietly for a few moments and turned to me and said, “ All his parts are in our hearts!”
Isn’t it amazing how the innocence of a child can help you see things in a different perspective? So this morning as I sit here reading Gods word and lifting up this day that he has so lovingly graced me with, I realize that Aidan’s words were sent to me from God to store in my heart.
As I surrender my heart to my Heavenly Father, he promises to fill me up. He will give me His eyes to see others with tenderness and mercy. He will give me His tongue and words of compassion and love to speak to those whom are hurting or are alone. He will give me His hands, so I might reach out o help another. He will give me His feet, so that I can walk a mile in another’s shoes and offer them hope and joy. He will give me His heart so that I may know the unconditional agape love that He has for me.
Yes, Aidan, his parts are in our hearts and it feels good! We must hurry! The sun will be coming up soon and we sure don’t want to miss it. With the dawning of each new day God gives us new grace, so don’t pass it up. Go grab your portion and then honor and glorify Him by sharing His parts with those whose hearts are still empty.
Thank you, Aidan for your words of wisdom!

No comments: