Friday, February 20, 2009

THINGS ABOUT ME YOU MAY NOT WANT TO KNOW!

1. I love cowboy boots and would have a closet full if my hubby would allow it!
2. My hair is my passion, I color and cut it frequently and have had some bad accidents with the whole scene. I guess as long as it doesn't fall out , I will be ok.
3.I skipped class one day during my junior year. Seven of us left town and went to our neighboring city, nine miles away, but was promptly seen by the PE teacher. I believe he may have been skipping school also, but none the less , we still had to pay the price of freedom.Never did that again, after Dad had his say!
4. My best friend and I were smoking before school one morning and caught the trash can on fire in her parents home. That is not a smell that you can easily get rid of!
5. I had three grandmothers. Two of them taught me cooking skills. One taught me how to cook quite the spread. The other taught me how to burn even a pan of water. My third grandmother had a passion for her hair also. It was always bright red, maybe that is where my little quirk came from!
6. I was named after the red headed grandmother only to find out after her death, that her name was not May, but was Victoria. Way off dad, he tried!
7. My first car was a simca, straight from the local junk yard. Dad brought it home and proudly gave it to me . It looked like a green pea on wheels. It had a three speed on the column, with no reverse, and the right back door was broken. So when necessary to ditch a friend you just placed them near that door and made a sharp turn. It got me into a lot of trouble.
8. Growing up we had a pet crow that Dad brought home. He seemed to bring home the strangest things. It learned to talk and followed us to school often. I was so embarrassed.
9.I have always thought of myself as easy going but apparently not so. Mom caught me on film when I was 5 and my brother was 2, sweeping the sidewalk and well He was in my way. With one swift swing I cracked the poor kid in the head. He brings that up every now and then!
10I flew to New York and walked a marathon and a half for Avon Breast Cancer Foundation. I did my own training , then took my two girls with me to meet a niece that lived in New York at the time. We had a wonderful time. At the finish line my daughters met me with flowers and as we were leaving a homeless woman was sitting on the curb alone. My heart told me to give her a rose, her tears and thankfulness will haunt me forever. I often wonder about her and I pray that God has delivered her from this burden.
11. I love my Eddie with all my heart and I want the world to know what a great husband he is. He takes wonderful care of me and loves our children with all of his heart.
12. My children and grandchildren hold the key to my heart and will forever! I love you.
13. I am head of our Ladies ministry at Faith Bible Church. This is a job that I take seriously. I pray that God will direct my every step to do His work according to His will.
14.My list could go on but I won't prolong this any longer!

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

That's so touching about the rose you gave the homesless lady. Did you wonder how long it had been since the last time (if ever?) she got flowers?

You should make another list dedicated solely to the quirky things your dad brought home. Call it The Jalopy and the Talking Crow. Cracked me up.

3peasinapod1 said...

You had 3 people try to teach you to cook???? Wow! ha ha