Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eddie My Husband

I want to say to all of you, that having a great spouse as a friend and a lover , is a gift from God! Ed and I have been married since 1992. It was a second marriage for both of us. We each had children of our own that we brought into the marriage. It was a really hard time for everyone involved.

The kids all had to learn to live with each other and to live with a new parent in the house. We as the couple had to learn how to cope with each others way of parenting. Difficult! Our first years were a struggle and I must admit that we both thought about quitting. But as God would have it, he decided that we would endure these trials.

Ed's relationship with my children was strained. He has a very strong personality and so did they as teenagers. His daughter and I did well until her junior year in high school.Again God took control and made a few hard changes in our lives.

The kids are all grown and have families of their own now. Ed and I have been blessed with mended relationships and four loving little grandchildren. Grandpa loves those babies more than life itself. I know without a doubt that he would lay down his life for any one of them. They in return love him with all the gusto they can muster!

My Ed and I have developed a deep love for each other over the years. It was through prayer and changes in my attitude that has deepened our relationship.He is my hero, my strength and my shelter here on this earth. He understands my love for my Heavenly Father and respects that. I pray that someday we will worship together!

Ed works long hard hours and our time is very limited,, but we make the most of our time together.He loves me and our children and it is evident in his actions. God knew what he was doing when he brought us together. Thank you Lord Jesus, for my husband and my children. You have poured blessings upon us even when we deserved nothing. Continue to care for my Eddie, because you are so much better at it than I am! Bring all of our children home to us Father, keep them and bless them. Amen.

No comments: