Monday, February 9, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM I LOVE YOU!

The valentine story was written several years ago. My mom is still living and doing fairly well. Her memory is getting worse but then so is mine.As a young girl, my mom would sit and listen to me cry and rant over everyday trials. She would simply hug me and then send me on my way to figure it all out. It is now my turn to listen to her and help her figure out life. Since dad passed away , she is so lonely and lost. Many days she will come to the clinic where I work and just sit for a while.
So much of the time she is lost in time. Her events of a few moments ago are easily forgotten. And events of the past can cause confusion. But we sit together and she will just watch as I go about my work. I know that the day is fast approaching and I will miss those moments together.
Yu that still have a parent still living, please take the time to enjoy them. If there is a problem to be fixed then by golly go fix it. Time gets away far to quickly. Mike , my brother and I have been so lucky to have our families close to each other. We have had many memories made over the years with parents, grandparents and now grandchildren.
I don't know what Jesus has in the makings for us this year, but whatever He brings to us , we will stand in faith and believe in His promises. Mom? She will always be welcome to sit in my chair and watch. She can ask all the questions she can remember and I will answer softly. Thank you Mom, for your love and dedication to our family. You are truly a Titus 2 Woman. I have learned so much from you. Your birthday is just a few days away. We will have a big celebration and look forward to next year. You make a great Valentine present to your children and grandchildren and we love you.

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

That's a beautiful tribute, Terri. You are so kind and give good things for us to think about (those whose parents are still living).