Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SORROW WILL TURN TO JOY

March has arrived and I find myself glad that February is gone. Two years ago on February 4th my Dad passed away after a long battle. Now my friend Charlotte is suffering through the same with her Dad. Joe is in his final days and Charlotte has a broken heart. I can truely understand the turmoil that you go through as you stand helplessly by. She told me this morning that she had picked up a bible in the chapel at the hospital and it fell open to John 16. In verse 16 she read " In a little while you will see me no more and then after a little while you will see me again."
She asked if I thought God was speaking to her about Joe. I told her He was just letting her know that this was just the beginning for her Daddy. His sorrow will be turning to joy soon! Amen! Thank you Lord for your comfort and your loving words.
It is so true,if we only allow Jesus to minister to us , he will in the most unusal ways.God loves us with a vengence, and He desires to tenderly hold us in our storms. I have felt His love in the words of a song, or a hug from a friend. His love has come to me in the form of a rose from a stranger on Valentines Day.Just this morning as I looked out across the pasture at our horses, two of them were tenderly grooming each other. The sun was just rising and the scene was quite and beautiful.
Thank you Jesus for stroking my heart and showing me love like you do. Be with my friend Charlotte, stroke her heart also, Jesus. Take Joe gently by the hand and lead him home, release him from this broken body. Thank you Heavenly Father for giving us the memories to cherish until we meet again!

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

How kind of God to open the Bible to a place of comforting words for Charlotte. I told Barb tonight to please give her my love and let her know I'm praying.