Sunday, February 8, 2009

MY REDEEMER LIVES

In my loneliness, I wonder does anyone really care? The pain, the hurt, the anger are overwhelming. All I want is for someone to hear me, to touch me, to love me. I have that someone , His name is Jesus. He was chosen before creation to be my redeemer. He is my father, I am his daughter. He is my husband, I am his bride. He is the lover of my soul.
While living life, we can easily stray. Each of us try to take the wheel and steer the happenings in our lives to suit our own desires. Caution and wisdom is cast away. Our flesh cries out to be satisfied now. It is in that season of our lives , that we can become broken.
Some of us may wonder around in the wilderness for many years. We may have known Jesus, heard his word, but now reject it. It is during that time of dwelling in the pits of addiction , pain, loss, rejection, loneliness, that God begins to speak to us. C.S. Lewis once said that “God whispers in our pleasure but shouts in our pain.”
Our heavenly father wants to be the center of our life. He longs to be our father. He wants me to return his love as any bride or daughter would do. He longs to be the only lover of my soul. Wow! I am not alone! There is someone who hears me when I cry. The pain of loneliness is gone because my husband is always there to love me and to help me. My father holds me tenderly in his arms as I crawl out of my pit. He will you also.
My redeemer lives! He is living within me, he loves me and will walk every step of the way ,if I will only allow Him to. Thank you for the gift of your love !

No comments: