Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's Up?

Once again I was up long before dawn. I seem to only need about 4-5 hours of sleep right now. I am not sure who decided this, I know that I haven't! I guess I should be checking into this with my Doctor or maybe just leave well enough alone and let Jesus make the call!
Once that I am awake, I get up start my coffee and get my bible out. I use this time to study God's word and to pray. So maybe Jesus has decided that I need some extra study time and 3:00 am to 4:00 am would be His choice of time.
If I was worn out by mid morning , then I should probably worry. But so far my Heavenly Father is giving me the energy I need to get through the day and do what I need to do. Thank you for your strength! Is this His way of teaching me to stay strong in my faith? Maybe! Ok, Father, I will do what you ask of me and not complain. I would like to remind you that an occasional day of sleeping in would be nice!
Some of you may wonder , is it right for me to ask for rest when He seems bent on using this time to teach me? I think so. The bible clearly states that we , as His children have the right to come to Him and ask for the things we need. He tells us to ask boldly and to never grow weary of spending time with Him or of doing what He has called us to do.
So with that said, I will get myself dressed and ready for another day at work. I do have one more request! It is so cold and rainy this morning, Father. Could you calm the winds and send those clouds scooting? I love sunshine , ya know! I love you too and I am grateful for the time you are providing for us to spend together, uninterrupted!

No comments: