Sunday, April 5, 2009

HANDY MANNY!

Well, I jumped out of the boat and into the water this weekend. And by golly, I had a great time with my adventure. We have been needing a new deck out the back door into the garage. Safety issues were getting out of hand. My honey, has not had a day off in months and therefore hasn't gotten the project started. So I decided to pray about the issue and then I set out to do it myself. God is an excellent carpenter and he was by my side all weekend. I built a 4ft by 8ft deck by myself.My son Zachary came by as I was starting the flooring and he helped with the finishing.
I was so excited and extremely tired but I am proud of the effort and the new knowledge I now have about tools. I don't know that I would like doing this for a living, I seem to be a sissy of sorts. My body is now screaming at me and I realize again, that my exercise routine is lacking.
Anyway, the deck is still attached to the house , my honey says that I did an awesome job, "that is all the payment that I need", and Zac and I had a great time working together.
Thank you Jesus for your blessings and for the knowledge that helped me through the building. I hope to start our deck out the back whenever the snow stops flying! Think I can do it ?

3 comments:

Zoanna said...

Wow, girl, you go! CAn't imagine doing that myself. I'd have one safety code violation after another if I tried. But your Ed is so good to compliment you, I'm sure it looks wonderful and you can smile at a job well done.

Laurie said...

Wow!! A 4x8 deck!!!
You've got some "pluck" (the trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury!)
to attempt that and amazing resolution to finish!
You will surely enjoy your efforts each time you walk on the deck! And those sore muscles are the most satisfying kind since you have something to show for the pain or stiffness!

Zoanna said...

FYI, I started the If You Give a Lamb a Lemon story. You're tagged for the next page!