Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun!

I had a wonderful Easter weekend. It looked like all would be dreary and raining, but instead God gave us many blessings. Ed had to work, and I had planned a cook out on Sunday evening with the kids. But Mother Nature changed my plans. Crockpots were filled with chili and chicken noodles in place of the hamburgers and hotdogs.
Just like the weather man had said the rain came and our road turned to slush. I was beginning to wonder if a canoe would be needed. After calling the kids and warning them of the mud, they all laughed at my worrying and informed me , all would be well! And it was.
A cousin from Oklahoma called and said they were passing by and wanted to stop. So we had an unexpected but exciting reunion! Why do we always wait until tragedy strikes before we get together as families? It is so much more fun to visit just for the heck of it! I sure hope that we can get together again soon. There is never enough time to say everything.
My mom and a friend arrived to enjoy the confusion going on in the house. Kids were playing and adults were laughing and sharing. It was great! Ed arrived home to be greeted by four little squirts ready to wrestle with Grandpa. He slept well last night!
As I said we a beautiful day in spite of the rain. Things just can't get any better when you are surrounded by your family and friends! I have learned one thing for certain," When I am with my family , I have everything!"

No comments: