Tuesday, March 31, 2009

IT'S BEAUTIFUL !

Yesterday, our two grandchildren Falyn and Zeke were spending the afternoon and night with us. They love to help at what ever it is you are doing, so do my two little guys from Salina! Any way I had a vanity chair that needed a new cover on it. So Falyn and Nana set off to recover the chair. She was in charge of holding the screwdriver and plugging her ears when I used the staple gun! After a few stretches and tucks the chair looks brand new. And Falyn is showing anyone that is interested her masterpiece! I love doing things with my grand babies. They certainly help me to see things through different eyes.

That leads me to, how much better would the world be if we all chose to see others through God's eyes. Our earthly eyes tend to deceive us with our rose colored glasses. But when I look at others with a heart like my Fathers, I see a different person. It is true that you cannot judge a book by it's cover, and people are the same. I would wonder what people think of me sometimes while sporting my sassy attitude or my tongue of fire. I am sure they would rather turn and run.

But fortunately my Heavenly Father has taught me a lesson that I choose not to learn again.During some periods in my life , when I thought that I was the only one that was worth having around, He let me see people close to me through His glasses. I think I like His glasses better than mine!

Even when life allows us a few tucks and staples to look better on the outside, only what is on the inside counts in the long haul. We never know what another is going through until we have walked a few miles in their shoes or took the time to see them through perfect eyes!

No comments: