Saturday, April 18, 2009

IT IS FUN TO PLAY HOOKY!

Yesterday, I took a vacation day from work to be at home for the arrival of Ed's Dad from Ks. City. He is in his 80's , he is only 5ft tall seriously, but he drives like a mad man.They left Ks.City at 7:oo am and called us from Marion at 8:00 am.Whoo! Thank goodness the highway patrol was still sleeping, I am thinking!Any how they arrived safely and our day began.
Ed and his Dad are so much alike it scares me. Well into our second pot of coffee there was a knock at our door and to my surprise there stood Alex!!! She had come to see Grandpa and to see our new home. This is the first time for years that she has entered our home!
The whole day was wonderful and a true blessing from God. We talked and laughed , we had lunch together and made final plans for her surgery on Wednesday.I can't even begin to express my feelings as I watched her with her Dad and Grandpa. God is Good and He lives in my house!
Thank you for your prayers and I ask for them to continue through her recovery.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow! What a great vacation day of blessings and surprises! I am rejoicing with you! Also I'll be praying for upcoming surgery and recovery for Alex.
Amen! "God is Good and He lives in my house."...and in our hearts, otherwise we'd wither!