Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DETANGLER

This morning I was blessed with a passage that promises me , my children will be ok. In my tangled mess, I cry out and worry that my children will not understand and further more won't wish to understand.But as I said I was blessed with Jeremiah 31:16-17. " Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded says the Lord and your children shall return from the enemy's land. And there is hope for your future says the Lord your children shall come back to their own country."
Our relationship with Alex will mend, and all of our children and grandchildren will someday praise and honor our Heavenly Father! I can give it all to my Father and he will graciously detangle the mess that I have made. He will deliver me and my children! Amen, amen!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Dear Terri,
I will try to be brief, but I must tell you that God is an awesome detangler! We know that! I don't know about you, but it is my testimony! God not only detangled the tangled mess of my life... He made a spiritually dead girl (me) alive!!!
AND God works in our children's lives in spite of our tangles! He does!! I think of my growing up years. I could very easily have been a complete rebellious and hateful heathen, but for God's grace! I do not at all whatsoever mean any disrespect to my parents, but God saw fit to call me to Himself in spite of any parental mess ups. (And there were some.) But I can say I love them and I love the Lord. He is ever so gracious and merciful in spite of ANY tangles we have caused in our rebellion or our ignorance. God is gracious. A few tangles are no problem for Him. Even the worst imaginable tangle is no problem for Him! He sees the big picture and we can fully trust His mercy, His timing and His ways!
Now that I am a parent (and since I'm not perfect, I've surely caused tangles) I must trust Him with the lives of my children and watch and wait as He works in their lives in spite of my bungled parenting!