Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PRAY FOR ALEX

Ed and I just found out that our youngest daughter Alex, she is 25 , will be having surgery next week to have her thyroid removed. It is very large and has multiple irregular nodules. Needless to say we are all unnerved at the moment. I am asking for prayer for Alex. I know in my heart that she and Ed are not trusting in God right now.
I want to give a little back ground on Alex. She is my stepdaughter, and when she was a junior we parted ways with much anger. She has not been in our home since that horrible day.I will confess that I was all to much the problem and my pride got in the way. I didn't behave like a parent but as a selfish child. It was during that time that I found myself broken and lost.
I knew that things had to change in my walk with Jesus in order for things too ever change in my relationship with Alex. I have prayed face down on the floor, tears streaming and my heart broken. Lord , please bring her home to us. Over the years I have tried to reach out to her and she has reluctantly reached back, not often but she did reach. And now this has been handed to us.
I am placing her completely in God's hands and will let Him gently soothe my heart. I know that He will open doors when all seems impossible.I fear for Ed and for Alex, they don't trust and they will let fear rule their hearts. I am praying that through this all, that our Heavenly Father will soften her heart to my words of love for her.I want so much to hold her in my arms again and to stroke her hair as I tell her I love you, Alex.
So to each of you that read this, please pray for Alex and pray for our relationship to be renewed.Now I know how our shepherd feels as He patiently waits for us to come home. He will run to us and scoop us up into His loving arms with love and grace to comfort us.
He promises us healing, He promises us comfort, He promises us life and living water! I accept those promises and will stand at every chance to praise His Holy Name! Thank you Father for loving me and for never giving up on this sorry soul.

4 comments:

Zoanna said...

Certainly will be praying. That's heavy news, especially under the strain of your relationship.I'm sure she has seen change in you. Have you outright asked her to forgive you? That softens hearts like nothing else. It disarms people.

Terri said...

Hi Zoanna, Yes, I have tried letters,phone calls, I have even gone to her office and tried to talk to her. I feel positive about her surgery and I am praying that during this time God will give me the words to speak and soften her heart to hear them.

Laurie said...

Dear sister-in-Christ.
Thank you for sharing this heart ache. God works and sanctifies in our brokeness. I'm praying for restoration to a relationship and humility, forgiveness, trust and love that covers a multitude of sins! Please remember these words from Psalm 51:17. I personally rejoice in these words and I pray you will too.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

I am praying for Alex, her family, you and Ed and that God would redeem.
The joy of the Lord is our strength!

Terri said...

Thank you, Laurie!