Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BARE IN THE WOODS

Sunday was such a nice day to be outside working in the yard. The only problem my yard is a forest more or less! We have plenty of trees to contend with and last year God delivered an ice storm. What was once upright is now a mass of limbs covering the ground.
The sun was shining and I in all of my wisdom chose to wear shorts. In and out of the trees and weeds I worked. Three hours of hard labor and this morning I received my reward.As I put on my slippers I discovered that my legs are covered in what appears to be poison ivy or oak. It is ugly to say the least.
Bears live in the woods, but bare legs don't belong there! So much for helping out. Maybe I should have asked for some advice before I tried to do this on my own. I seem to have a knack for stubbornness.
1 Timothy 2:11 says " A woman should learn in quietness and full submission."
I didn't sit quietly and ask for advice, and I didn't feel like submitting to anyones words. So today I pay the price with ugly welts on my legs.
I think that I will be a little more open to words of wisdom , like just leave it and I will get to it sooner or later,(Ed). But I will also spend more quiet time and ponder over God's word. He is the master and the teacher.

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

Clever title, funny post. I remember the freedom and lightness of spirit I started feeling when I learned to delegate, say no, let go of the sinful craving to do it all myself when it came to planning stuff. I suffered other kinds of welts, but suffered just the same. It isn't worth it. If people know you'll do it all yourself, they'll let ya> learned that the hard way. But they also let you clean it all up, too!