Friday, March 13, 2009

PUPPIES FOR SALE OR WHAT'S IN YOUR EASTER BASKET?

My son and daughter in law have a beautiful chocolate lab. Millie is her name and she just made them grandparents to nine little black puppies!We didn't even realize until two weeks ago that she was expecting and not just fluffy! Her fluffiness was now decorated with dangling participles. Did I spell that right? Any way Wednesday evening upon arrival from work , the kids were greeted with eight puppies. Two did not make it but six were healthy. Later that evening , Millie went outside to take a break from motherhood and returned to deliver one more little puppy. Where did that come from?
My granddaughter, Falyn, spent a good share of the evening crying,because she couldn't understand why the puppies were crying and were so sad. Everyone finally settled into bed for the night only to be awakened by more moaning from Millie. She had delivered two more puppies! Now it was the kids turn to moan! A few days have passed and no new puppies have arrived, so we are hoping that she is finished at last.
The next step is to figure out what will we do with nine puppies? Well, I have a plan! Easter is just around the corner and with Easter is baskets! There are twelve clinic girlfriends, but only nine puppies. So who will get the Easter surprise and who will go home empty handed? Now don't tell Barb, because I really don't want her to pick and choose her basket!
OK, I won't really do this , but wouldn't it be fun to see their faces just before they hit me?
Puppies for sale! FREE TO A GOOD HOME!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh! Puppies!!
How cute!
What an amazing mama dog!
I'd love to have a puppy in my Easter basket, but our Easter Bunny is allergic.
"Puppys for Sale!
Free to a good home!"
Cute!

Zoanna said...

How adorable. Do post a picture!

As for Barb, mum's the word. Shes' been so bad this year, I say you give her a chocolate "egg" that one of those puppies "drops" .