Monday, March 9, 2009

SPRING CLEANING

Tonight the Ladies of Faith Bible Church are meeting. Our guest speaker will be Kris Goertzen from Hutchinson, Kansas. I am truly looking forward to the evening. I have been struggling with my attitude towards lack of attendance, but with much prayer and meditation I have overcome my sin nature to complain.
My dear sweet husband , who seems to have more wisdom than I do at times, had a long talk with me recently. I apparently don't like to designate and feel that I need to do it all. So I gave up the doing and gave jobs to those that wished to help out. To my surprise, these ladies are having fun planning and getting it all done.I am so anxious to sing the songs of praise that they have planned and to eat the sweet treats they have baked for us.
But I do feel as if I am going to this party only half dressed. All I have to take tonight is myself and clean clothes.I should have given up my obsessive attitude earlier in the program. Maybe there would be more attending and participating.
So it is now that I must repent of my behavior and ask for forgiveness from the ladies. I want so much for each one to feel special and needed. After all the women's ministry isn't just for one.
So I am asking prayerfully for a new attitude for spring! I will clean my closet of negative emotions and lay my attitude down for Jesus to sweep away. I love the ladies of Faith Bible and wish to see each of them actively participating in all areas. God is good to us and we need to show our love and respect to Him by the changes we make in our own lives.
Love you , Ladies!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Designate and delegate!!
There is an art to it I think, and I've seen it done very well and artistically at times! It is an opportunity to let others share their gifts!
Blessings as you learn to "let go" and enjoy the gifts of others!
BTW I'm almost certain that I've met Chris G. from Hutch before.
(Bible Church? Sweet voiced and bubbly? Pastor's wife?) It's a little vague, but somewhere- maybe at a Salina Bible Church function I attended w/ a friend years ago I met her?

Enjoy your meeting!

Terri said...

Hi Laurie, thank you for your words of wisdom! The meeting went very well. The only thing that I was left in charge of , I forgot! I failed to have a check ready. Go figure, I knew that I was only half dressed! Yes, Kris is from Grace Bible Church in Hutch. She had a great message for us on communication. Wow, It hit home!