Friday, January 16, 2009

Listening to God

The other day in church , a call was put out for support for a childrens trip. It seemed almost immediately, God tapped me on the shoulder and told me to give. I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to argue a little with Him when He calls me to give up much. The dialoge is usually one sided, my side! Are you sure? This can't be so again , Lord. But the more I fight with Him , the more He lays guilt and shame on my heart. So I did what He has requested. The money is still in my hands, but I haven't seen the right person yet to give it away. I should know by now that to those given much , much is asked of you.
During the holidays, the Lord directed me to hand out Christmas gifts to those less fortunate. I emptied my savings account which didn't take much doing, and bought as many things as I could. My grandchildren and I went to the local nursing home and gave each resident a stuffed animal. It was amazing to see the children as they anxiously gave to strangers! The Lord was working in them that day! The awesome thing about this is, He refilled my savings account double what was taken out! Yes, tithing and listening to His instruction has diffinate benefits!
I hope that anyone that reads this will someday learn to trust in God's nudgings. He has great and wonderful things in store for us when we do!
So today , I will give and thank God for His many blessings that He has poured out on me and my family. Father, I will anxiously await your next assignment.

No comments: