Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I LOVE YOU!

Early this morning I was reading the Psalms and Proverbs.We are currently doing a bible study on the book of Hosea and John,so I felt familiar with it.But this morning it was different.God directed me to Hosea 11:8reading from The Promise.
"Israel,(Terri), I can't let you go,I can't give you up. How could I possibly destroy you as I did the towns of Admah and Zeboiim? I just can't do it. My feelings for you are much to strong."
Wow! I was crying at that point. I then went on to read, "No matter what your sins are, God can't forget your status as His own child. He will bring you back to Himself, even though you stray far from Him. You will not be able to forget God, your thoughts will always turn back to Him and the early joy in His love.He will bring you home again."
I couldn't stop crying at this point. I thought about my own children and how I hated fighting with them.It always hurts my heart when they tell me how much they hate me. Or when they strayed away willfully disobeying all of our rules.My only thoughts were of how much I loved them, how much I wanted to hold them.
Our Heavenly Father feels the same about us. .He made such a big sacrifice to give us life. Yet we turn our backs and willfully disobey.
Our Father, placed our names on the palm of His hand. He stamped His love on our hearts,so we couldn't forget Him.
Yet in our rebellion He is forced to allow us to wander in darkness. Tough love is something all parents have had to use at some point in time. It is no fun for either person involved.Tough love hurts, it breaks us down and makes us weary. Then you are offered the chance to come home.There you are as a parent, arms aching, your heart is pounding, then your eyes spot that wayward child. Who runs faster?
I ran this morning. Tears streaming, my heart pounding I ran to my Heavenly Father and begged to come home. Oh what a feeling, to be loved so much! As the sun came up I went out side to head to the barn.
The Great I Am sealed my return with a kiss! The most beautiful sunrise was just beginning. The horses were all waiting for me at the gate. We walked together in silence as the new day dawned!
Thank you for loving me , even when I am not so lovable. You are God, the Almighty. I give you my heart forever.

1 comment: