Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ANXIOUS NO MORE


Philippians 4:5-7 " Let your gentleness be evident to all.The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything,but in everything by prayer and petition,with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
My heart has been anxious about a number of things lately. And this promise is going to be my mantra for the day. I need to practice giving thanks in all situations and to let God deal with the messy stuff that is causing the turmoil in my heart. It is so easy for me to think that if I just handle the situation then it will be better. But in reality,it would be better and much more effective if I would just pray about and release it.
Thank you Father, for giving me your promises this morning as I struggle with a decision. I will leave it in your hands and I will not waste my precious day of life, anxiously wondering what to do. I will go through the doors that you open for me today, and avoid those that seem to be closed. Give me strength and discernment as I wonder through the day.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Yes strength and discernment, and "Let your gentleness be evident to all" just leapt from the screen in a convicting way! I've been anxious also and anxiety for me does not bring gentleness!
But the Lord IS near and desires to hear our prayers and petitions and DOES provide peace! As I sigh my cares and woes to the Lord and He reminds me of my need for thanksgiving, I'll lift you up too!
In Him,
Laurie

Terri said...

Thank you Laurie, I am in need of prayer constantly. It is the best gift a person can give to another. Isn't it amazing how a scripture can just jump off the page at you?